3.07.2008

After thoughts

I have ALOT of phone calls, emails, and msgs to return! Please be patient with me...I will get back to you all. I have been trying to do whatever I can this week for the Thomas family and made a whirlwind trip to Dallas today to attend sweet Lilly's funeral. What a beautiful funeral! There were SO MANY people there...standing room only and a lot of people standing at that. The chapel, grave site, and the Thomas' home were all flooded with flowers. I know that they are so very grateful for this outpouring of love and support from everyone...even those they have never met. All of your prayers have been felt and are continually appreciated by Richard & Jennifer as well as their family and friends. Richard & Jennifer will be needing our prayers for a long time so I petition you all to keep them on your prayer lists and to not forget about this precious family as you go on with your lives and they are left to attempt to go on with their life without their Lilly.

I would also like to thank all of you who have commented on the photos I took of Lilly. I never imagined that my work would impact people they way Lilly's photos have. I'm a little overwhelmed, embarrassed, and undeserving (as I feel that it was God's doing and not my own that they have these images) by all of your comments. I feel so incredibly blessed to have been able to capture Lilly's fun spirit, beauty, and her sweet innocence just weeks before her passing. In the short hour I spent with this lively little girl I was so touched by her and her parents. I will never forget this experience. I take it for all that it is...the joy and the sorrow. As I was reminded by my dear friend, Ashley, today "my heart will choose to say blessed be Your name."

2 comments:

Heather said...

Just wanted to say I love ya! May God Bless you as well during this time! You know that you are here on this earth to do photography for right now and it takes on a whole new meaning now. God brought Lilly into this world for a time...got to spend time with her loved ones watching her sweet spirit. Praise God that two weeks before, you were able to capture those PRECIOUS photos of those SPECIAL SPECIAL times that this family will have and treasure forever. I can't begin to imagine what Lilly's mommy and daddy are going through as well as her family and friends. But I know your spirit as well Lez and how important every single person and family you photograph are to you. That is why I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and I want you to know that I love you.

Anonymous said...

very well said Lezlie. I know it came from deep inside you