10.09.2007

John & Matthew

John (17) & Matt (13) are brothers. Teenagers are always interesting to shoot, I think. Some are total naturals in front of the camera & enjoy hamming it up for you. Others are a little more reserved and shy. It's that second group of people that intrigue me the most b/c if I can get them to come out of their shell (however slowly that might take) it makes me feel that as a photographer I am doing my job well. Siblings are always interesting, too, b/c most don't really care for each other much at that age...haha. Moms are always happy if I can get them to stand next to each other and actually smile! At one point during our shoot I told the guys to just act natural like their hanging out, talking to each other. John proceeds to tell me, "Umm, I don't talk to Matt." Lol...how stinkin funny is that?! Anyway, Matt smiled for me the whole time & seemed pretty comfortable. John on the other hand didn't look like he was having much fun at first...that may be due to the fact that we started shooting @ 9am on a Saturday,haha. But then he started shooting me these intense model type of looks (like in images 1 & 3)! I even managed to get him to smile a few times. He was a perfect subject. I really feel like I was able to catch his personality...the way he is right this very moment in life. I'm looking forward to doing his Senior pictures next year. Here are a few of John & Matt's images from Saturday. Notice the flair...you guys know I can't do a session without a little flair! Peace.





No comments: