9.05.2008

My week...

So I've been taking a bit of a break this week. This won't help my growing pile of sessions to edit but it sure helped my sanity! We have been going through some not so fun stuff at our house (Ella doesn't want to sleep, potty training, etc). I feel like the Lord has been telling me to take a step back and concentrate on my family and Him. So in an effort to do this I didn't edit one picture this week. Instead I potty trained our almost 3 year old (it only took 2 days), cleaned and sort of organized my house, and re-evaluated how I live my life. I do not spend enough time with the Lord, am the most unhealthy I have ever been, and am seriously laking in the sleep department. Not to mention how my husband and child must suffer from having such a crazy busy woman in the house at all times. It's a difficult thing trying to balance family, my relationship with God, and running a business all by myself. Maybe I should hire an assistant....maid, cook, etc. :)

Anyway, here is what I have been doing this week:

Reading (yes, I'm really reading ALL of these books right now)...


My life group girls picked this out and I am really liking it so far. It's about learning to be content...something I didn't know I was in desperate need of.










Our life group picked this out to read at one time and then decided to take our group in a different direction. There are some great wisdoms in the book though. And there is a great chapter about when your children start to dominate your lives.


I have read Dobson's other book "Dare to Discipline", too. I'm not sure if we are dealing with a "strong willed child" or not but this book has given me some much needed insight into our current sleeping (or lack there of) issues.


This book has been making me laugh so hard! These girls are hilarious...I could do without the language a bit but it's still pretty funny. And this book is packed w/ great advice and resources for getting healthy. "A no-nonsense, tough-love guide for savvy girls who want to stop eating crap and start looking fabulous".



Reading is my go-to form of relaxation. It's like yoga for my mind. So I've gotta have at least one book in there that I'm reading just for the pure fun and joy of it. I have really enjoyed the Twilight Saga. I'm finishing book 3 and hope to be able to read book 4 soon but I may need to get some work done first. :)


On Tuesday nights we go to our Hillside life group...w/ the greatest group of people ever! On Tuesday our group went to North (a Trinity Fellowhips ministry) for a Phil Wickham worship session. Refreshing is a good way to describe the night. And I was so happy to see all of my old friends from Trinity...and meet a few new ones. You should all go out an buy Phil Wickham's album. You won't be disappointed! My favorite song on his album...

5 comments:

Chriselda said...

oooh!
breaking free is such a good book.
i'm not a huge fan of stormie's writing style. but she has a good message.

i go to trinity!

i lost my bible about two months ago.

how's THAT for slacking?

Ingram Gang said...

Nice.

Have you thought of giving up photography completely and becoming a librarian? Might be a little less hectic!?.

I am going to call you today, I've been wanting to check in on you :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are taking a step back and resting in Him. It's hard to do, huh?

Anonymous said...

Hey, how proud are you of me? I've blogger 2 days in a row. Wow. I'm just getting things done.

Maybe when our children all get in school, I'll be able to be a proficient blogger.

Anonymous said...

Those look like great books - hope you find what you're looking for, I think it's great you're trying to find a balance...I give you credit, it's not easy!

Love your blog...you're quite the talented lady!

Have a lovely,
-Jaime @ "It's A Jaime Thing"
www.itsajaimething.com