12.10.2007

Future First Lady

I had an exciting opportunity on Saturday. I was invited to photograph Janet Huckabee, the wife of Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, at an event she would be appearing at here in Amarillo. Mr. & Mrs. Huckabee were invited to Jack Sisemore's annual Christmas party. Governor Mike Huckabee was unable to attend but Janet flew in just for this one event. I was there about 15 minutes early to see the house and familiarize myself with the place I would be shooting at, as I do with all events. Janet was already there so I got to chat with her for a little bit. She was so incredibly down to earth and such a joy to be around. The press was not invited to this event so I was the only photographer in the house (other than some guests taking snap shots with their cameras). It was truly an honor to be invited to do this! Janet was so gracious to stand and be introduced to everyone that attended the party (and I swear there were like 500 people in that house!). I had so much fun and wanted to show a few great photos I shot of Janet. These really show the kind of woman she is...truly excited to meet and talk to everyone and so incredibly nice. The other two pictures are of Jack Sisemore who hosted the event at his lovely home and Mrs. Sisemore, Jack's mother and the hostess of the Christmas party. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of such a fun night! I hope to have some more images from the night up soon. If you're not familar with Governor Huckabee and his campaign please take a moment to check out his offical website and see what he's all about, www.mikehuckabee.com.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet that was an exciting time Lezlie. I will have some questions for you when we are at Retha's house Christmas day. Good job on the photos

Heather said...

Great pics Lez- I am sorry I have been the same way. There has been so much going on...I'm like you...I don't know where to begin. You guys have been on my heart so much though and just know that I love yall so much!