12.06.2008

Shane Alexander

I am quite the connoisseur when it comes to music. Most of you know just how big a role music plays in my life. And for those of you who don't know here's the super short version of the story: I have been singing since I can remember, I co-lead worship for my youth group in high-school briefly, I sang in a few side projects w/ Jeremy, Jeremy toured nationally with his band Nevaeh for 4 years, now he plays worship at our church Hillside. We listen to music all day every day (this is why we don't have cable b/c we rarely have the tv on). Ella can tell you what instrument is playing in any song. She's a genius with classical...she knows the difference between a cello & violin (she's only 3). So with that being said I decided that I would start posting once a week about a certain artist or band that I think you should all go out and listen to. So here goes...

I saw Shane Alexander a couple of years ago in Dallas when he opened for Jewel. He is amazing live! Very clean & flawless. His lyrics are deep and heart-felt while his music is very melodic. I instantly feel in love with his sound. I put his cd in when I need a mental break and just want to daydream. Here is his latest video...enjoy!



You can find his latest album, The Sky Below, on iTunes. Also, you can go to his myspace page by clicking here.

No comments: