1.20.2009

Hatta

We went to Hatta yesterday...and I feel in love. I did not want to leave that place.

Bugagee is the leader of the Christian movement in Hatta. This man has such a passion for Jesus and was so welcoming to us. Judy wrote more about our experience there on the Hillside Missions blog. I plan to blow these images up and hang them in my house.




They made us coffee in a pot on a small fire. The milk they made it with came from the cow standing right outside the second photo. Bugagee broke bread with us (hand-feeding us and then us feeding him). It is a huge deal to break bread with white men.


They ride bikes everywhere. The traffic in India does not just consist of motor vehicles. It is pedestrians, rickshaws, tractors, bicycles, motorcycles, cows, dogs, etc all over the street all the time.

This woman was washing dishes with mud. She was very shy but let me take her picture anyway. :)

5 comments:

Leah Hopkins said...

Wow Lez! What a fantastic experience.

Mrs. Cash said...

I just wanted to say thank you for keeping up with the blog, it has really helped my and my dad get through this time apart without my mom. Im sure you already know how much you guys are getting prayed for, but for me I don't think I have ever prayed so much for a group of peope or person in my life in such a short amount of time. It's awesome to get to see what God is doing there and how He is protecting you! Please give my mom my love! Helen Cash

Sam and Mandy said...

Lezlie, the Lord has blessed you with an amazing talent in photography, and is now using you to bring the people of India into our hearts here in America. Thank you for sharing them with us and sharing your heart. I look forward to seeing more and hearing more about the ways the Lord is working there in India. Please know that we are here praying for you and your team continually. Blessings!

Unknown said...

AWESOME PICS! The trip sounds amazing so far! I'll be praying for you as you guys speak at the retreat. Just imagine God touching your lips and giving you the words to speak. You will do great.

Lezlie Andrew said...

Helen, I have been having so much fun w/ your mom!

Thanks for the comments, girls! This is definitely an experience I'll never forget. ;)