1.09.2009

India

If you'll remember, back in August I posted this. Well, it's here! I leave for India in 5 days! Planning for this trip has brought about excitement, fear, tears, laughter, anxiety, etc. But it's here and there's no turning back. ;) I'm so excited for this adventure, I'm excited for the many ways that the Lord is going to stretch me, the time I'm going to get to spend with some of my favorite woman, and for the photographic opportunities. One of the main things we will be doing over there is a women's retreat for 200ish woman...some of which have already started traveling to the retreat location from their homes on foot. What an experience this is going to be! I feel completely underprepared but I just keep quoting this scripture:

Jeremiah 1:5-8
“I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.
Before you were born I set you apart
and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”
“O Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I can’t speak for you! I’m too young!”
The Lord replied, “Don’t say, ‘I’m too young,’ for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you. And don’t be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you. I, the Lord, have spoken!”


Many of you have already committed to pray for myself and the others as we are in India. One request I have is that you not only lift the team up in your prayers but also our families. This would mean so much to all of us, especially those of us with small children who aren't used to being away from their Mommies. ;) Also pray for the woman & children we will be meeting and sharing the gospel with. My biggest prayer is that we will not get lost in translation. :) Your prayers really do mean more than you know! Here is a simple little breakdown of our itinerary so you can have something a little more specific to pray for each day.

Jan 15-16 Fly from Amarillo>Dallas>Chicago >New Delhi, arrive 9:30pm on the 16th
Jan 17 Early morning flight to Jabalpur...visit girl's orphanage & worship in pm with house church leaders...overnight in Jabalpur at hotel
Jan 18 Drive to Sakha...church and 1/2 day VBS in Sakha village...drive to Damoh...overnight in Damoh
Jan 19 AM tour of Mid India Christian Missions...PM 1/2 day VBS in Ghandigram
Jan 20 AM 1/2 day VBS in Hatta...PM r&r
Jan 21 All day trip to Khajuraho temples
Jan 22-24 Damoh Women's Retreat...theme: Esther--It's Tough Being a Woman
Jan 24 Overnight train to Agra
Jan 25 Early AM trip to Taj Mahal & Red Fort; shopping; train trip to New Delhi--sightseeing
Jan 26 Republic Day parade & sightseeing in New Delhi
Jan 27 Return flight to Chicago>Dallas>Amarillo

The team blog (link found on the right) will be updated as much as possible. I am also hoping to be able to update you all through this blog and even post photos as much as possible. I'll post again before we depart on the 15th!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WIll be praying. ..of course :).

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! I'm printing your itinerary and putting it in my Daily Bible so I can pray every day for you! I can't wait to hear all about it when we see you in February.

HillsideWomen said...

Can't wait to spend time serving with you. God has great plans and His providence reigns! Your faith is beautiful Lezlie.

Ingram Gang said...

I'm excited!