1.18.2009

When words fail...

So much has happened and has been seen in the last few days that I don't even know where to begin. This experience is surreal and completely overwhelming. I don't think I will be able to process any of this until I get back. I want to share a few pictures. Even these don't begin to share with you what my eyes have seen (oh my God...I'm tearing up right now just thinking about it). I have taken over 1000 images in the last two days. Here are a few...

The first 3 images are from the VBS we did in Sukha. We were the first white people to enter this village, not to mention the first white people these people have ever seen. It was a beautiful mess! Fabulously chaotic as Mark called it on the Hillside Mission blog. We were told that this was a little bit of a dangerous area for us but God had His hand over our time there. When we left and got back into cell phone range someone called David and told him that 3 men on a motorcycle showed up demanding to know who we were and what we were doing there. Like I said, God had us covered. ;) (P.S. Mom & Dad, I feel perfectly safe & at peace in Mark & David's hands so don't let that worry you.)






Roofing "tiles" made out of mud. This one's for my Daddy! ;)


Most of the images you'll see on my blog while I'm gone are straight our of camera and probably shot our of the car window as we are driving. Haha!

Breathtaking.



Check out the Hillside Mission blog for more details of what we're doing. Btw, we have been eating Chinese food a lot since we've been here. That's just funny to me...but most amazing chinese I have ever tasted!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY. Your pics are great. What a cool testimony about the guys on motorcycles. I really feel that won't be the only time the Lord makes you invisible to those who would want to bring harm :). Praying praying praying and excited every day! Love you. Love to ash too....and Judy ;)....and trish ;)

The Wright Five said...

So beautiful! Though the one with the monkey isn't exactly G-rated ;)

Anonymous said...

WOW! It looks amazing.

So you know how y'all are going to do the Beth Moore study later this week? I just started that Esther study last week at my church! Crazy!

Uh...did you know that your hair is brown!??? Must be the Indian water! I didn't recognize you at first!

Anonymous said...

If you do this again next year... I'm coming with you.

Miss you and love you very very much.