2.03.2008

Super Bowl : Not So Much

While everyone else is wrapped up in Super Bowl mania I'm searching for a better use of my time. Lol...yes I'll admit we're not big sports fans in this house. In fact, I don't even know who is playing this year. Ok, before you begin stoning me for such blasphemous talk...I've brought you some yummy music!

You've probably heard Yael Naim's song "New Soul" on the new Mac commercials. Mac always brings us the hottest music (Jet, Feist, etc...). I really dig "New Soul". So I went on iTunes and purchased the rest of the album and was blown away and the fact that she covers Britney Spears "Toxic" is just icing on the cake!



Ok, so I must have a thing for Britney Spears covers b/c the next artist I'm sharing with you is Marie Digby and she does a mean cover of "Gimme More". She also rocks Rihanna's "Umbrella", which has been featured on The Hills, and Linkin Park. I think she's fabulous! So take a break from the Super Bowl and have a listen. Shalom. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I've been trying to figure out who sings the Mac commercial song. I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

I was totally just talking about her and that song yesterday. And I made a comment on Leah's facebook about her music. She sings in French and Hebrew. Check out her song called "Paris." I Love the version of "Toxic" she does. I found her a few months ago and she is GREAT! If you like her you'll LOVE Meika, Emily Haines, and Au Revior Simone.

Ingram Gang said...

I've always been a big fan of that song, but that's the first I've seen of the video...loved it! I absolutely love when you watch a video and it makes you enjoy the song even more. Great buy!

Anonymous said...

Correction... it's not Meika, it's Meiko...